- Tar Heel Capital Pathfinder has invested PLN 1 million in Wellbee, a platform that facilitates access to online psychotherapy.
- Wellbee accurately connects people who want to work on improving their mental health with diligently selected psychotherapists.
- The platform was launched on the 15th of September.
Tar Heel Capital Pathfinder has invested PLN 1 million in Wellbee – a platform that facilitates access to psychotherapy by supporting clients in the selection of therapists matched to their needs in terms of diagnosis and therapeutic experience. Additional PLN 100,000 has been added to the project by a private co-investor.
Wellbee accurately connects people who want to work on improving their mental health with diligently selected psychotherapists. A user first books an appointment with a therapy assistant – a psychologist-psychotherapist with experience in the initial contacts with people seeking help – who then individually selects a therapist for the patient. The platform develops technology that supports the patient from the choice of therapist, during therapy, as well as after its completion.
– The digitisation of the services sector keeps on accelerating. What sets Wellbee apart from other companies following this trend is to offer a service that will realistically improve the quality of life of its users, as well as the involvement of top-class experts in the project. We are pleased to be able to contribute to the development of a tool that will make use of the latest technologies to help solve real human problems – says Radosław Czyrko, managing partner of Tar Heel Capital Pathfinder.
The first version of the platform was launched on the 15th of September. Wellbee’s founders are managers experienced in developing market-changing products and also emerging leaders in their categories: Paweł Chrzan (most recently Head of Research and Development at Booksy, previously worked for Facebook and Google among others) and Grzegorz Skuza (a marketer with 14 years of experience, previously cooperating with Mercedes-Benz among others).
– From the very first conversation about Wellbee, I knew it was going to be a unique project. Observing the existential crisis of the people around me and experiencing my own, I came to the conclusion that this is the most valuable thing I could create. Society’s needs in this area turn out to be much greater than we thought. We want to help everyone individually who needs such assistance, and we believe that on the intended scale, our actions will lead to a significant global social change – says Paweł Chrzan, co-founder and CEO of Wellbee.
Research indicates that selected approaches of online therapy are as effective as offline therapy. This is not only about therapy aimed at treating disorders, but also at improving well-being and personal development.
– I hope that Wellbee will not only increase the availability of psychotherapy in Poland and around the world, but above all it will be a valuable and effectively used tool, thanks to which the situation of people suffering from disorders and mental illnesses will be improved in a real and qualitative way – adds Grzegorz Skuza, co-founder and CMO of Wellbee.
Wellbee places importance on cooperation with experienced psychologists and psychotherapists. Joanna Gutral is the Content Consultant in the project – she is a psychologist and cognitive behavioural psychotherapist, and the co-head of Healthy Head psychoeducational portal and initiator of the social campaign Mam Terapeutę (“I Have a Therapist”).
– Wellbee is a product founded on the know-how of psychotherapists, who have a real impact on the shape of the platform – thanks to this we can offer the best quality of service. Personally, the other important values for me are social education, cracking down on the palpable stigma of mental health disorders and problems, and psychoeducation, which are among Wellbee’s main priorities – says Joanna Gutral.
Wellbee is another Tar Heel Capital Pathfinder’s investment this year. Previously, the fund has announced, among others, an investment in GrenadeHub, a Wroclaw-based start-up offering solutions for team-work planning and financial management of the company. In addition to funding, the fund also supports Wellbee’s founders in operational and technological matters.